Five Contour Shapes
The Jay J3’s solid shell is available in five contour shapes to provide posterior and lateral pelvic and lateral thoracic stability to clients with varying postures and functional needs.
- Posterior (PA) – 2.2″ of lateral thoracic support
- Posterior Lateral (PL) – 3″ of lateral thoracic support
- Posterior Deep (PD) – 6″ of lateral support
- Posterior Deep Lateral (PDL) – 6″ of lateral thoracic support
- Posterior Deep Contour (PDC) – 6″ of lateral pelvic support
Four Support Height Levels
The JAY J3 back is available in four support height levels to provide support for clients with wide ranges of torso heights and levels of injury.
- Lower Thoracic – 6.5″ to 9.5″
- Mid Thoracic – 12″ to 15″
- Upper Thoracic – 16.5″ to 19.5″
- Shoulder – 21″ to 24″
Four Hardware Options
The J3 offers four hardware options to accommodate a span of priorities and wheelchair configurations.
- SH – Easy to install, 2-point, quick-release hardware that allows for numerous attaching positions
- RH – 25% lighter than SH hardware and optimized for ultra lightweight wheelchairs without compromising adjustability
- TH – 2-point, quick-release hardware optimized for tilt-in-space wheelchairs, with a lengthened attachment pin and 500 lb. weight capacity
- 4-Point – Quick-release hardware that withstands greater force by distributing across four mounting locations