POSTURE IS PARAMOUNT
We know that posture is so important for these kids with physical disabilities and we want to meet the desires of the therapist and family so that the child’s sitting posture improves and develops. With seating the child early as possible in the Discovery will help to maintain good postural management to help prevent complications such as contractures and structural changes in the skeletal system while improving daily quality of life no matter how complex their disabilities.
Children with moderate to severe physical disabilities such as cerebral palsy, spina bifida, muscular dystrophy and developmental delay etc. can benefit from the Discovery’s ability to provide optimum pelvic stability, trunk/head alignment and good leg and foot positioning.
- Delivers an optimal seated position so the child can engage in functional activities.
- Provides specific fine-tuned seating requirements for a perfect setup for the individual user.
- Observes internationally recognised clinical and therapeutic practices for disabled or handicapped children.
- Provides quality postural management with modular accessories that can be added and removed depending on specific needs.
- Ability to be ‘planar’ or ‘complex’ depending on user needs.
The Medifab Discovery is the subject of design rights and copyright. Patents Pending.
|Discovery Seat Specifications||Verve Stroller Specifications|
|Seat Depth||14-30 cm||Push Handle Height||77-109 cm|
|Seat Width||13-27 cm||Frame Width||65 cm|
|Lower Leg Length||7-28 cm||Frame Length||93 cm|
|Backrest Height||45-58 cm||Front Wheel Diameter||23.5 cm|
|Shoulder Strap Height||24-39 cm||Rear Wheel Diameter||30 cm|
|Backrest Recline||90-160º||Max Load: Main Seat||25 kg|
|Trunk Lateral Width||12-25 cm||Max Load: Sibling Seat||15 kg|
|Tilt in Space (forward facing)||40°||Max Load of Verve||55 kg|
|Max Load of Seat||25 kg||Frame Weight (inc. wheels)||12.5 kg|
|Seat Weight||7.5 kg|
|Folded Size||L56 x W33 x H14 cm||Folded Size||L84 x W65 x H31 cm|